Chaac, the impassive Mayan god of water, and Kukulcan, the fierce feathered serpent look at us from the facades and platforms that remain in the city of Chichen Itza in the Yucatan Peninsula. Discover the secrets that keep their carved walls and the alignment of their temples with the stars. Then let’s visit Valladolid, a Magical Town that will delight us with its colorful streets and intense flavors.
- We will take a comfortable trip from Cancun or the Riviera Maya to the beautiful state of Yucatan, where Chichen Itza, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and a world heritage site, is located.
- A certified tour guide will take you to discover the most impressive buildings at Chichen Itza. You will be amazed by the architectural and astronomical knowledge that the Maya reached along their cultural development.
- We’ll head to the colonial city of Valladolid, where you will enjoy the delicious local gastronomy and multicolored streets of the typical villages in Mexico.
- There in Valladolid you will enjoy one of three optional activities the monastery of San Bernardino de Siena (s. XVI), visit a vast colletion of Mexican Folk Art, or swim in the refreshing waters of a cenote.
- Finally you will have free time to buy some souvenirs.
- With our senses full of new and pleasant experiences, we head back to your hotel.
- 10 hrs. private tour
- Private & comfortable transportation with a/c
- Water and soft drinks on board
- Snacks on board (seasonal fruit & traditional mexican candies)
- Entrance fee to archaeological sites, museums, cultural sites and natural areas mentioned on the itinerary
- Certified bilingual tour guide
- Lunch time at Valladolid
- Towels service, if the tour includes an aquatic activity
- Items of a personal nature
Pick up at 7 am from your hotel is highly recommended. The tour is about 10 hours.
What to bring
Hat or cap, sunglasses, camera, spending cash, biodegradable sunscreen and bug repelent. Bathing suit if the tour includes an aquatic activity.
Comfortable walking shoes rather than sandals. Highly recommended light cotton clothing, light colors, long sleeve t-shirts.
This expedition is not recommended for people with severe back problems, any severe physical or motor handicap.
This tour is recommended for children below the age of 6.
Once you had purchased your tour, you will receive a confirmation email. Your transportation and tour guide will be at the requested time and place. Get in touch via email if you have any concerns or require more information about your tour.
All cancelations made within 24 hours or more prior to your tour, no penalty will apply.
All cancelations made within 24 hours or less prior to your tour, 50% penalty will apply.