Hidden in the Yucatan jungle, Ek Balam is a magnificently preserved Mayan city. Without the hustle and bustle of large tourist groups we can explore its temples and paths. Its just one of the few archaeological sites close to Riviera Maya where we are allowed to climb the temple; and its quite easy! The view from the top (almost 100 feet high) will take your breath away. In Ek Balam we can appreciate its unique and meaningfull stucco sculptures representing warrios and some amazing elements of the mayan cosmovision. Then we visit Valladolid, where we can enjoy the peaceful pace, the colorful streets and the intense flavors of the typical Magic Towns of México.
- We will take a comfortable trip from Cancun or the Riviera Maya to the beautiful state of Yucatan, where Ek Balam is located.
- A certified tour guide will take you to explore this ancient city, admire its buildings and learn about the Mayan Cosmovision. You will be amazed by the architectural and astronomical knowledge that the Maya reached along their cultural development.
- Later on we’ll head to the colonial city of Valladolid, where you will enjoy the delicious local gastronomy and the multicolored streets of the typical villages in Mexico. You will have free time to buy some souvenirs if you wish.
- There in Valladolid you can choose amogn three optional activities: can admire the architecture of the s. XVI in the San Bernardino Convent of Siena, visit a vast collection of Mexican folk art or House of the Deer, or swim in the refreshing waters of a cenote.
- With our senses full of new and pleasant experiences, we head back to your hotel.
- 10 hrs. private tour
- Private & comfortable transportation with a/c
- Water and soft drinks on board
- Snacks on board (seasonal fruit & traditional mexican candies)
- Lunch at Valladolid
- Entrance fee to archaeological sites, museums, cultural sites and natural areas mentioned on the itinerary
- Certified bilingual guide
- Towels service if the tour includes an aquatic activity
- Items of a personal nature
Pick up at 7 am from your hotel is highly recommended. The tour is about 10 hours.
What to bring
Hat or cap, sunglasses, camera, spending cash, biodegradable sunscreen and bug repelent. Bathing suit if the tour includes an aquatic activity.
Comfortable walking shoes rather than sandals. Highly recommended light cotton clothing, light colors, long sleeve t-shirts.
This tour is not recommended for people with severe back problems, any severe physical or motor handicap.
Once you had purchased your tour you will receive a confirmation email. Your transportation and tour guide will be at the requested time and place. Get in touch via email if you have any concerns or require more information about your tour.
All cancelations made within 24 hours or more prior to your tour, no penalty will apply.
All cancelations made within 24 hours or less prior to your tour, 50% penalty will apply.